This weekend is going to be filled with books, books, and more books. We couldn’t be more excited. BookCon, the event where storytelling and pop culture collide, officially begins on Saturday and lasts until Sunday evening. There are so many incredible guests scheduled to speak, autograph, and promote their new projects. If we don’t go in with a game plan, the entire event will just be overwhelming and chaotic. Plus, without knowing when and where our favorite authors will be, we might miss them.
Because there are a ton of great panels and activities happening throughout the weekend, we’re going to have to pick and choose our priorities. These are the top eight panels and speakers we can’t miss!
Saturday, May 30, 2015
1. 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Mindy Kaling in conversation with BJ Novak
2. 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Mixed Me: A Discussion with Taye Diggs and Shane Evans
3. 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Girls Online/Girls IRL: Young Women in the New Media
4. 4:15 PM – 5:15 PM: Aziz Ansari / Modern Romance
5. 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM: Everything Wrong With: A Day with Cinema Sins
Sunday, May 31, 2015
6. 11:30 PM – 12:30 PM: Telling Women’s Stories
7. 2:30 PM – 3:15 PM: Judy Blume in Conversation with Jennifer Weiner
8. 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM: A Conversation with Brandon Stanton, creator of Humans of New York
Don’t worry, in case you can’t make it to BookCon, we’ll be live-tweeting and Instagramming the event, so be sure to follow along! In addition, we’ll be posting a recap of our adventures at BookCon next week, so stay tuned!
Is anyone else going to BookCon? If so, who are you most excited to see?