Youth’s Highest Honor: Your Guide to the Congressional Award and Building Life Skills by Lauren Jessen and Catherine Jessen
Become a Congressional Award Gold Medalist and build valuable life skills along the way. This book shows you how, step-by-step.
You should read this book if:
- You are between the ages of 13½ and 23.
- You want to learn how to set and achieve goals.
- You want to stand out on job and college applications.
- You want to enhance your professional resume.
- You want to be honored by the United States Congress.
- You want to try new activities and improve your skills.
Created in 1979, the Congressional Award is one of America’s best-kept secrets. This program, the highest award given to youth by Congress, gives young people in the United States the opportunity to become engaged leaders through volunteering, personal development, physical fitness, and planned expedition trips. Participants are awarded Bronze, Silver, and Gold Certificates and Medals for their efforts and accomplishments.
Youth’s Highest Honor helps you optimize your Congressional Award experience by explaining the program areas and guidelines step-by-step. The book contains real-life examples of what to do, what not to do, tips, charts, and insights to the program. The book includes 10 exclusive Gold Medalist personal profiles for even more examples of what other program participants accomplished.