Halloween is a night of fun, and of mischief. Whether you’re on campus or at a party in the city, it’s always good to have some safety tips in mind.
1. Do stuff with friends. Your friends take care of you and you take care of your friends.
2. Have a breatheable and walkable costume. Have back up shoes. If it’s cold, have some layering possibilities.
3. Avoid having a seance. Avoid all attempts to talk to spirits or bring back the dead.
4. Eat before drinking. Don’t leave your drink lying around. Don’t drink too much.
5. Know your surroundings when you’re going to a place. Know the people at the place. When you arrive somewhere, locate the bathroom and know your escape routes.
6. Charge your phone and keep it with you. Also have all of your emergency contacts in your phone, as well as your friend’s numbers.
7. Stay if it’s fun, don’t if it’s lame. No stress.
8. Follow your this-is-sketchy gut.
9. Have a way to get home or have a place to crash (friends from rule #1).
10. Carry a mini-flashlight or glowsticks with you to provide light when it gets too dark.
11. Have fun and be smart!
How will you be staying safe tomorrow? Happy Halloween!
Image: James Lee